Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Gotta be some justice in the world

I'm writing tonight from lovely Des Moines, Iowa. Okay, well, it's actually not so lovely because it has rained the entire day. Western parts of the state and Nebraska are apparently under blizzard warnings. Welcome to October in the Midwest - 80 degrees one day and a blizzard the next.

This will be a short post due to the fact that I'm pretty fried from an all-day training. However, I had to vent about something that I read on another blog regarding a starving and very sick puppy that was abandoned at a mall near where I work. I will let the blog post speak for itself. It was written by the staff at one of our local animal shelters. I hope they don't mind me cross-posting like this. http://blogs.brookfieldnow.com/ebhs_unleashed/archive/2008/10/21/an-open-letter-to-the-person-who-abandoned-the-sick-vizsla-puppy-at-brookfield-square-last-night.aspx

I'm not a vindictive person generally but I do hope that there is some justice in the universe that gives people who do these things what they deserve. On the other hand, I'm so grateful for all the animal shelter staff and volunteers out there who are committed to taking care of pets that other people just discard like trash. I wish I had the constitution to do that work but I fear I would spend every night driving home in tears. Along with all the adoptions and happy endings, they must see too much of this kind of horror. Please give generously to your local animal shelter whenever you can!

2 comments:

The Writer said...

Thanks for posting this. There have been several times when I've had similar feelings to those expressed in this post about the people who left Bear.

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear

coopercreek said...

That is so sad.